COVID-19 Testing Available
We are excited to introduce our partnership with American Gene Technologies, a new lab for faster PCR testing. With American Gene, you can receive your PCR results within 12-24 hours, delivered directly to your phone! You must register prior to testing.
- Please register in advance for the AGT PCR test by clicking on the hyperlink. You will need your driver's license and insurance card to register.
- Follow the prompts to input the patient's (your child) name and date of birth.
- Provide insurance information and parent's ID for the whom the insurance is under.
- Once complete, it will display a barcode for you!
- Create another/new registration for each of your other children. Please be careful and add the correct spelling and DOB for each child.
American Gene PCR FAQ's :
How will I get my results? Can I print them? As soon as they are available, your results will be sent directly to your phone. You will need to input the patient’s information to access the results, but you will receive a PDF version of the results which can be downloaded, printed, emailed, etc.
How soon will I get my results? The turnaround time is 12-24 hours once the specimen has been received by the lab.
What items do I need to pre-register for the MyCOVIDNow portal? You will need the patient’s information, as well as insurance information and copies of your driver’s license and insurance card.
Will American Gene accept my insurance? American Gene accepts all insurances, including Medicaid and Healthkeepers, and also accepts self-pay. If you do not see your insurance on the list when pre-registering, please select “other” and follow the prompts.
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING:
- We are no longer offering rapid COVID tests due to supply issues.
- If your child is SYMPTOMATIC and tested positive using home/school antigen test they DO NOT need to be seen in the office for a confirmatory PCR test. Anyone with a positive result should be considered to have COVID-19. We are trying our best to limit exposure to patients and staff.
For more information regarding the vaccine please check the CDC website. If you are unable to receive the vaccine from our office, here are additional options to get vaccinated:
For those families that our DoD eligible beneficiaries, Walter Reed National Military Medical Center is also offering COVID-19 vaccination. For more information access this link: COVID Appointment App.